"The wealthy, not only by private fraud but also by common laws, do every day pluck and snatch away from the people some part of their daily living. Therefore, when I consider and weigh in my mind these commonwealths which nowadays do flourish, I perceive nothing but a certain conspiracy of rich men in procuring their own commodities under the name and authority of the commonwealth.

They invent and devise all means and crafts, first how to keep safely without fear of losing that which they have unjustly gathered together, and next how to hire and abuse the work and labor of the people for as little money and effort as possible."

Thomas More, Utopia

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Awesome

I have no words for this:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. She won $125,000 for this act in the Ukraine production of a talent show. Shows how Russia was worst off in WW II then us.

"leftisthebest"

Coldtype said...

Worse off by far Lefty. The USSR suffered 20 MILLION deaths while doing all the heavy lifting in defeating Germany. That helps explain why this performance had such a powerful emotional impact upon the audience .

Anonymous said...

Hey Coldie,
can we get ahold of Rue-y and tell him to drop that "team member" thing in order to leave a comment?

I wanted to leave a comment on his health care thread but could not as I am not a team member. I don't want to be a member of any group that would have me as a member.

"leftisthebest"

Rue St. Michel said...

That was a lovely display of artistic talent. Thanks for sharing it with us O'ColdOne.

Hey - whatever happened to Tim O'grady's (Slim Shady) blog?

Is he still blogging? Can you post a link to it?

Thanks-
Yours Truly in Capitalistic greed and corporate cronyism:

Rue-y!

Rue St. Michel said...

Lefty,

The comment moderation is temporary. You guys can always reach me at stmichelrue@yahoo.com, if you like.

Cheers mates!

Coldtype said...

Good to hear from you again Rue. I haven't heard from Shady in quite awhile. I'll search for the last link I received from him and post it in this thread.

As far as that sand art performance goes, I swear I've watched it at least a dozen times and each viewing seems to reveal a remarkable new detail. This young woman is unreal.