"The wealthy, not only by private fraud but also by common laws, do every day pluck and snatch away from the people some part of their daily living. Therefore, when I consider and weigh in my mind these commonwealths which nowadays do flourish, I perceive nothing but a certain conspiracy of rich men in procuring their own commodities under the name and authority of the commonwealth.

They invent and devise all means and crafts, first how to keep safely without fear of losing that which they have unjustly gathered together, and next how to hire and abuse the work and labor of the people for as little money and effort as possible."

Thomas More, Utopia

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Feeling Like It

Just got through a rather busy stretch of my life that's taken me away from the blog as you may have noticed. On top of that the kids have both been under the weather a bit lately but I'm finally noticing shades of light at the other end of the tunnel so there'll be some interesting posts around here soon. Happy Holidays.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Coldie to you and yours. Also to our favorite conservative Rue-y.

I suspect the New Year will be most interesting with the (hopeful) resignation or impeachment of the governor.

Anyways, the best of the season and keep up the good work. Maybe between us we can bring some more "progressive" liberals out of the CPD woodwork, but I am not counting on it.

"leftisthebest"

Coldtype said...

Neither am I Lefty but it's still worth the effort. Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Happy Kwanza!!!

"Chalkie"

Coldtype said...

Ha, ha! That too of course!