"The wealthy, not only by private fraud but also by common laws, do every day pluck and snatch away from the people some part of their daily living. Therefore, when I consider and weigh in my mind these commonwealths which nowadays do flourish, I perceive nothing but a certain conspiracy of rich men in procuring their own commodities under the name and authority of the commonwealth.
They invent and devise all means and crafts, first how to keep safely without fear of losing that which they have unjustly gathered together, and next how to hire and abuse the work and labor of the people for as little money and effort as possible."
Thomas More, Utopia
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Our Own Creed?
Well, as far as creeds go this one from Bernard Chazelle ain't bad.
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
I think this self examination of the left is a good thing, but should have been done two years ago. It also is too small in number. True progressives (like Coldie and I) saw it coming a while ago but Democratic Party elitists freeze out folks like us.
Nader is getting on the ballot in most states. Gloria LaRiva and the new Party for Socialism and Liberation is out there. Votes for these candidates send a message to Nancy and gang who have let us down in their promises.
Buy, Borrow, Die—Another Way the Rich Avoid Taxes
-
One of the long term themes of my writing is that the rich have engineered
a system in the West which insures they will continue to get richer,
generally i...
SF
-
people are increasingly conflating “RSI”with “foom.” I went to pee, came
back, and doomwas suddenly the subject of the freaked-out Zoom.Although the
Pope r...
Brazil – four more years?
-
The most important election in South America takes place tomorrow. Nearly
159 million Brazilians are eligible to vote in the first round of the
election fo...
Fatuous False Flags
-
Rather than abandoning the plainly nuts Fairford narrative, Burnham and his
government are doubling down on the claim it is an Iranian terror plot. It
re...
The US “Burden Sharing Network” Takes Shape
-
*September 15, 2026* (NEO - Brian Berletic) - In 2025, the US National
Security Strategy paper would be broadly misinterpreted as a US plan to
break with...
More Massive Typhoons To Hammer China
-
I think I fixed the problems temporarily. But the computer is still
failing more and more as it ages. Like me, it is rather…old! I will be 76
years ...
The Evil of Zionism
-
*The Evil of Zionism" - June 19, 1902*
The following column - "The Evil of Zionism" - was republished in The New
York Times on Jan. 19, 1902, and was o...
Media Say ... Gloom And Doom In China
-
The New York Times, and other western media, are running a 'doom and gloom
in Xi's economy' campaign. The latest entry is this piece: China’s Economic
Pain...
The Great Student Loan Ruse
-
These appalling figures don't fully capture the cruelty of the reality to
which they refer.
The post The Great Student Loan Ruse appeared first on The Co...
Crisis
-
I suppose some people might wonder why I'm not completely hysterical. Why
would I be hysterical? The building where I've lived for 22 years is
scheduled fo...
Open letter to some ex-leaders of the ISO
-
Tess Carter
In light of the revelation of a sexual assault accusation that was grossly
mishandled by once-leading members of the organization, Tess Carter...
Will US global hegemony last for another century?
-
My weekly article for Al-Akhbar: "Will US global hegemony last for anther
century"?
(A critical review of Michael Beckley's new book from Cornell Universi...
Kafka's Castle
-
"That truly Kafkaesque Castle, the modern state." -- Nicos Poulantzas.
*I*. In ‘The Castle’, it is never entirely clear what is happening.
There are off...
Love And Money: Marriage The McArdle Way
-
It's Valentine's Day and Megan McArdle's thoughts naturally turn to love,
which means money. Join me as I mock the woman whose rat-fucking is
screwing ...
Louis Allday, "Controlling the Narrative on Syria"
-
[image: MRZine]Arguably, no war has been more mediated by misunderstanding
than the conflict currently taking place in Syria. This article will seek
to cor...
The Return on My Investment
-
By: Aaron Datesman
It's easy to recognize a win when it comes with a trophy at the end (or, in
the case of politics, an inauguration). It's harder to rec...
And A One, And A Two . . .
-
(From SAVAGE MULES. I keep reading how Bernie Sanders is George McGovern.
Maybe he is.)
*ANTIWAR MULE CAMEO*
As the Nixon era commenced, larger sections...
It's really very simple
-
[Note: I am pushing this article live two days early because ZeroHedge
somehow managed to get a hold of it and post it before I did. Needless to
say, I do...
1 comment:
I think this self examination of the left is a good thing, but should have been done two years ago. It also is too small in number. True progressives (like Coldie and I) saw it coming a while ago but Democratic Party elitists freeze out folks like us.
Nader is getting on the ballot in most states. Gloria LaRiva and the new Party for Socialism and Liberation is out there. Votes for these candidates send a message to Nancy and gang who have let us down in their promises.
"leftisthebest"
Post a Comment