"The wealthy, not only by private fraud but also by common laws, do every day pluck and snatch away from the people some part of their daily living. Therefore, when I consider and weigh in my mind these commonwealths which nowadays do flourish, I perceive nothing but a certain conspiracy of rich men in procuring their own commodities under the name and authority of the commonwealth.
They invent and devise all means and crafts, first how to keep safely without fear of losing that which they have unjustly gathered together, and next how to hire and abuse the work and labor of the people for as little money and effort as possible."
Thomas More, Utopia
Sunday, August 12, 2007
War Porn for Rue St. Michel
Recently the Lair had a visit from "Rue St. Michel" [see comments section of the "Obama-Bad-Ass" post], a fellow Chicago police officer whose political leanings are, to put it mildly, considerably to the right of yours truly. The following clip I found courtesy of The Red Stater Dennis Perrin and I thought immediately of the Rue-ster whose ravings I encourage you to read if, for nothing else, their sheer entertainment value. Nothing excites Rue more than American Empire making the world safe for “democracy and freedom”.
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Yep, coldie, those conservatives sure do love war. Oddly enough, many of them never fought in one though.
Oddly enough, every war except ONE has been initiated by a Democrat. Hmmmm....how come that factoid didn't make it into your database?
Seriously though Coldie, that was touching. Thanks for the link-love and for the kind words. You're generalizing alittle with me but let's call it poetic license, K?
That snippet was great. "War Pigs" by Black Sabbath was the perfect tune to accompany that montage of pure, unadulterated American Power. I got goose-bumps watching it. I liked the part where the American soldier was sniping from atop a building with his .50cal Barrett sniper rifle. That thing could stop a tank!
And yes I do love it when our politicians grow some backbone and send our Soldiers to take care of business. Call it Vietnam Hangover Syndrome but I think those guys should be celebrated and not denigrated.
You can't export Democracy by sending products and ideas overseas. The day the Towers were bombed, 84% of the Muslim population had the pictures on their cellphones. You can't export values but you can eliminate the threats and that tears down barriers to enlightenment.
OOoohhh - Rahhh!!!! God bless the United States of America. We'll never forget what they did on 9/11/01 and their blood will flow in response.
Heeeee's Back: Godzilla Minus Zero
-
I enjoyed Godzilla Minus One, so I'm all in on the sequel.
IO9 is reporting that fans were very high on the new flick after a
screening at the New York ...
Sunday ‘Free Press’ Toons
-
…Another Friendly Reminder… …NEXT WEEK!… …JUST OVER TWO YEARS FROM NOW!… *
* * As The BRAD BLOG’s former longtime toon sherpa PDiddie always reminded
us: “...
Dishonesty and Deceit
-
UPDATE We got an expedited date to “reclaim” (appeal) against the
suspension of the case, on 25 September. We shall also be reclaiming
against the decisi...
Mothers seek scarce jobs to survive
-
Israel’s years-long killing spree in Gaza has left nearly one-fifth of all
families with women as primary breadwinners.
Me Two
-
It was an honor to work with him/ herand later to be guest on a showalways
worth watching. The gods all knowthat in creation’s time-distilled
longueur,all ...
Bond bust
-
The financial media and mainstream economists are in a huge tizz.
Government bond yields have risen sharply since the end of the pandemic
slump to return ...
How the US Destruction of the INF Treaty Backfired
-
*August 29, 2026* (NEO - Brian Berletic) - Western media headlines have
announced the alleged use by Russia of what is being dubbed the
“Iskander-1000,” ...
More Massive Typhoons To Hammer China
-
I think I fixed the problems temporarily. But the computer is still
failing more and more as it ages. Like me, it is rather…old! I will be 76
years ...
The Evil of Zionism
-
*The Evil of Zionism" - June 19, 1902*
The following column - "The Evil of Zionism" - was republished in The New
York Times on Jan. 19, 1902, and was o...
Media Say ... Gloom And Doom In China
-
The New York Times, and other western media, are running a 'doom and gloom
in Xi's economy' campaign. The latest entry is this piece: China’s Economic
Pain...
The Great Student Loan Ruse
-
These appalling figures don't fully capture the cruelty of the reality to
which they refer.
The post The Great Student Loan Ruse appeared first on The Co...
Crisis
-
I suppose some people might wonder why I'm not completely hysterical. Why
would I be hysterical? The building where I've lived for 22 years is
scheduled fo...
Open letter to some ex-leaders of the ISO
-
Tess Carter
In light of the revelation of a sexual assault accusation that was grossly
mishandled by once-leading members of the organization, Tess Carter...
Will US global hegemony last for another century?
-
My weekly article for Al-Akhbar: "Will US global hegemony last for anther
century"?
(A critical review of Michael Beckley's new book from Cornell Universi...
Kafka's Castle
-
"That truly Kafkaesque Castle, the modern state." -- Nicos Poulantzas.
*I*. In ‘The Castle’, it is never entirely clear what is happening.
There are off...
Love And Money: Marriage The McArdle Way
-
It's Valentine's Day and Megan McArdle's thoughts naturally turn to love,
which means money. Join me as I mock the woman whose rat-fucking is
screwing ...
Louis Allday, "Controlling the Narrative on Syria"
-
[image: MRZine]Arguably, no war has been more mediated by misunderstanding
than the conflict currently taking place in Syria. This article will seek
to cor...
The Return on My Investment
-
By: Aaron Datesman
It's easy to recognize a win when it comes with a trophy at the end (or, in
the case of politics, an inauguration). It's harder to rec...
And A One, And A Two . . .
-
(From SAVAGE MULES. I keep reading how Bernie Sanders is George McGovern.
Maybe he is.)
*ANTIWAR MULE CAMEO*
As the Nixon era commenced, larger sections...
It's really very simple
-
[Note: I am pushing this article live two days early because ZeroHedge
somehow managed to get a hold of it and post it before I did. Needless to
say, I do...
3 comments:
Yep, coldie, those conservatives sure do love war. Oddly enough, many of them never fought in one though.
stay safe,
"lefty"
Oddly enough, every war except ONE has been initiated by a Democrat. Hmmmm....how come that factoid didn't make it into your database?
Seriously though Coldie, that was touching. Thanks for the link-love and for the kind words. You're generalizing alittle with me but let's call it poetic license, K?
That snippet was great. "War Pigs" by Black Sabbath was the perfect tune to accompany that montage of pure, unadulterated American Power. I got goose-bumps watching it. I liked the part where the American soldier was sniping from atop a building with his .50cal Barrett sniper rifle. That thing could stop a tank!
And yes I do love it when our politicians grow some backbone and send our Soldiers to take care of business. Call it Vietnam Hangover Syndrome but I think those guys should be celebrated and not denigrated.
You can't export Democracy by sending products and ideas overseas. The day the Towers were bombed, 84% of the Muslim population had the pictures on their cellphones. You can't export values but you can eliminate the threats and that tears down barriers to enlightenment.
OOoohhh - Rahhh!!!! God bless the United States of America. We'll never forget what they did on 9/11/01 and their blood will flow in response.
Post a Comment