"The wealthy, not only by private fraud but also by common laws, do every day pluck and snatch away from the people some part of their daily living. Therefore, when I consider and weigh in my mind these commonwealths which nowadays do flourish, I perceive nothing but a certain conspiracy of rich men in procuring their own commodities under the name and authority of the commonwealth.

They invent and devise all means and crafts, first how to keep safely without fear of losing that which they have unjustly gathered together, and next how to hire and abuse the work and labor of the people for as little money and effort as possible."

Thomas More, Utopia

Monday, July 16, 2007

I Wonder Why They Hate Us So Much?

My apologies friends. This is really no way to conduct a dialog, I know. Two months without a word. Let me attempt an explanation. The demands of work and family have left me with very little in the tank for creative blogging of late and those few moments I have had in front the keyboard haven’t produced anything worthy of publishing. Frankly I was exhausted both physically and mentally, however, the time away has helped me to refocus and has rejuvenated my spirits.


Now that I‘ve gotten that out of the way, let’s turn to the purpose of this post courtesy of Dennis Perrin.



PS. I can't promise that there won't spells in the future where I don't post for a few day's or so but NEVER AGAIN will it be anywhere near 2 months!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back coldie,
actually today was the first time I went to scc since almost the last time you posted here. Glad to see you are still around.

I too experience the frustation of trying to get the energy to write about this goofyness in Iraq, among other Republican fooliness. The Democrats too with their shortsightedness.

There is a yahoo groups called progressive, where most of the so-called "Progressives" are just shills for the Democratic Party.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the summer and keep em coming.

yours in the struggle,
lefty

Coldtype said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Coldtype said...

Good to hear from you Lefty. You are of course correct in your assessment of some of these so-called "progressives" who have no problem at all with the concept of American Empire and the endless wars of aggression it implies.

It is taken for granted that the US should rule the world, by force if necessary, the only question that arises for these so-called progressives is whether or not THEIR wing of the Business Party sits at the controls.

Stay safe.

PS. I'm working on an essay about our pending illegal attack on Iran (and its rationalizations) which I hope to post soon. Stay tuned. Look for me to pop up at SCC again soon as well.